Sim City for the iPad now available

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by petvas, Dec 14, 2010.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Sim City finally came to the iPad. I just downloaded the app and All I can say at the moment is that it looks good. I will of course have to play more in order to say of it is worth 5 stars :)

2. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Thanks for the heads up! Just downloaded it and its great. The touch interface works really well in Simcity, I like it better than a mouse on the computer.

3. TomCondon macrumors regular

yeah the touch is better is plants vs zombies too

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I played a lot of Sim City 2000 back in the days. Cheat codes to destroy the city with multiple flash floods, wildfires, and airplane crashes anyone?

5. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

No way! I cant find it in the app store?

Nevermind, found it, downloading now! Cant wait!

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i wish theyd released the original sim city for an ios device. I hated 2000 and higher.

7. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I had Simcity for the iPhone prior to the deluxe version. Is it really much different or is it just better graphics. Can you trade with other cities? I'm not buying it yet. This is an EA game. We all know it will go on sale in a month or so.

8. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Its the same as the iPhone game but better graphics and easier controls for the iPad.

9. EldoInTheWeeds macrumors member

Anyone have any cheat codes? I keep running out of money and borrowing more just makes it worse later on. :D

10. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Glad i waited to pull the trigger.

It's now on sale (at time of posting). $0.99 instead of $6.99.

No more excuses for me not giving it a try.

11. jull macrumors member

jull

Same here. I was about to get it last night but I decided to wait until this morning :)

12. Tunster macrumors 6502

What a steal! Just got a few other games for 59p as well. The only one excluded is Monopoly :(.

13. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

The star rating of sim city is screwed up by all the ppl who are mad they bought it at $7. Ouch. I picked it up but I don't think I'll play it much. I prefer the older and simpler versions where you didn't have to think about landfills and plumbing.

14. OmegaRed1723 macrumors 6502

OmegaRed1723

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for this for a long time. I would've gladly forked over $7 for this, but $.99 is a no-brainer.

15. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Yeah ... sadly I paid the $6.99 right before the sale, and haven't even touched it yet ... :(

16. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Hah, now It's 1$ on sale, After a few years with the App store I learned that you should never buy Games for more than 3$ (5$ in the iPad's case), EA always makes sales like that, I bought 3 Games for half of the price of one, I just wish Monopoly was on sale too :( I see it on sale on christmas day for sure :cool:

17. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Same here... I jumped on it when it first hit the app store and now I'm regretting it a little... But, I did take advantage of the sale and purchase the app for five friends. At $.99, it's hard to go wrong.

As far as the game goes, I seem to remember SimCity being slightly more difficult. In about an hour, I can have a huge city and well over $200,000 without even playing aggressively. And, the game chugs quite a bit when cities get big.

But, as a time waster, it's tough to beat.