Sim City Iphone App-- Pumping Stations

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ArtRock.com, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ArtRock.com macrumors newbie

What is the purpose of the pumping stations in Sim City? Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm new to the forum....

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

To pump water to the rest of your city? You have to place them in specific places. They produce more water than the towers.

3. ArtRock.com thread starter macrumors newbie

I wondered because I set them up, and it says 0 tons per month being used and so I was really confused.

4. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Water towers you can drop virtually anywhere and they will serve a fairly small defined area. Pumping stations need to be placed next to water and need a network of pipes but will cover a much, much larger area.

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

i usally put them near water along with water towers and everything else thats water realated

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You have to make sure that you have power going to them also!!

Its a great game just wish it didn't zap my battery as much, makes playing on the train awkward when I need to do a full days works after.

7. ArtRock.com thread starter macrumors newbie

so the pumps should be near water? That means that I don't have to put them near a water tower, just regular old water...

What about the water purifiers? Do you put those next to the pumping stations and water towers, or can you just put them next to the water?

Sorry if I'm asking too much, but I'm really getting into this game. Its so much fun. . . I played it like 10 years ago, and now that I have it on my iPhone...

8. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

they can go anywhere, just have to make sure that you plumb them in.

9. ArtRock.com thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Renderz macrumors 6502

I meant to ask someone who has this game, it is really fiddly to manipulate objects within the game? The screen is so tiny (compared to a lcd monitor) so I wondered how people find all the menus, the laying of zones etc.

11. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I have never found any problems, its very easy to move around and place objects/ zones. Take a look here for a little video of how it plays. Its a great game definitely worth the money.