Sim Cloning

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ichii, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I don't know if this thread is allowed, if not mods please delete.
    I wanted to know if it's possible to have a clone of my sim card and have it on another phone. The reason is I don't want to bring my iphone to the gym risk of it getting stolen and swapping the sim card out is a pain. So basically I just want to know if there's away.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is possible, but not legal. Just pop out the SIM card with a mechanical pencil with a metal tip about the size of the hole, instead of having to keep destroying paperclips.

TEG

3. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

it is possible, with the 3g sim card? It's funny about the paper clip, I have a drawer with a paper clip just for my iphone ^_^

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is actually agains the DMCA to clone a SIM card. As for the SIM tray, I have a .7mm mechanical pencil that I use only to pop out the SIM tray.

TEG

5. tickshaw macrumors newbie

iphone 3G SIM cloning

Is it possible to clone the iphone 3G SIM so that I can use it in my secondary cell phone thqt I take to bars and on the boat... leaving my iphone at home... i want to keep the same number thanx!