Sim cutter for 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gsusser, Sep 8, 2012.

1. gsusser macrumors regular

I have an unlocked 4s. [all I did was call AT&T and asked and they unlocked it.] I'll be traveling to the Caribbean where they use full size Sims - Claro or Orange. I know next to nothing about this. There seems to be an incredible number of micro sim cutters on the market varying greatly in price, $.89 to $24.95. Can someone recommend a cutter? Why is the microsimcutter - http://www.microsimcutter.com/ - $24.95? I don't mind spending the money if it's almost fool proof. Unrelated to apple, but I'll ask anyway - can I buy a Claro sim in the US? I don't see it anywhere. Thanks!

2. rak007 macrumors 6502a

@OP

Dont fall for that expensive thing. I suggest buying a cheap one from amazon / ebay and these usually ship from china / Hongkong so it might take some time. May be you can search some US seller or craigslist.
    I bought one from ebay few months back and it works as expected.

Here is one listing i would recommend...

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-SIM-Cut...d=1347138390&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+sim+cutter

I have the exact same thing bought from ebay. Does work as advertised. I suggest you don't fall for that expensive stuff from the link you mentioned.
    There are plethora of cheaper alternatives.

3. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

That is the exact one I got a while back on eBay for £6 You can't go wrong with it, infact I don't think you can even put the sim in the wrong way to cut it.

4. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Correct. This little device does have an indication of how one is supposed to keep the SIM.

@OP
    Get this. You cannot go wrong with it.

5. gsusser thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sold. For $3.59, you can't go too wrong. Thanks.

6. rak007 macrumors 6502a

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Wow OP was expensive.

I think I picked this up for $3 and came with 2 normal SIM adapters

Attached Files: