Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schataut

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Hi,

After upgrading to IOS 7 (now 7.0.3) I get random "SIM Failure" on my phone (4s). What I have noticed is that it usually happens when I am using navigation. The only way to recover is to do a 2 button reset multiple times (sometimes I need to reset as many as 5 times to get it working again).

I have done:

1. Got a new SIM
2. Reset network settings
3. Restore the phone using iTunes

However nothing fixed the issue. I am contacting apple about this problem because before IOS 7 I never had this issues. Please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same. Thanks.

HydroDog

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
Mossyrock, WA.
Hi,

After upgrading to IOS 7 (now 7.0.3) I get random "SIM Failure" on my phone (4s). What I have noticed is that it usually happens when I am using navigation. The only way to recover is to do a 2 button reset multiple times (sometimes I need to reset as many as 5 times to get it working again).

I have done:

1. Got a new SIM
2. Reset network settings
3. Restore the phone using iTunes

However nothing fixed the issue. I am contacting apple about this problem because before IOS 7 I never had this issues. Please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same. Thanks.
I had the same problem on my 4s with Verizon as my carrier. Pissed me off to say the least! But at least it erased all my GPX tracks saved in my Motion X App.
And IOS 7 SUCKS on the 4s.

I spent 2-1/2 hours talking with Apple customer support about this and tried many different downloads but nothing worked after I did the 7.0.3 download. Each one was worse than the previous.
I had to get a new phone through Verizon and they told me luckily I bought the extended warranty.
Which is BS because Apple said they would make it right which is BS also because I went with 4 days with NO cell service because of no phone and Apple sad they would credit my in my tunes account for my loss within 24 hours which they did not! But at least Matt (a claimed Apple support supervisor) gave me his phone number to his desk ( he lied about his phone number, it is not valid).
Your Phone is DEAD.
I got my new phone today from Verizon which is still a 4s but with IOS 6.
I got home too late to call Apple but I'm looking at how sync my iTunes without having to go with IOS 7 because I have this feeling it will be crap again.

schataut

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Your Phone is DEAD.
I got my new phone today from Verizon which is still a 4s but with IOS 6.
I got home too late to call Apple but I'm looking at how sync my iTunes without having to go with IOS 7 because I have this feeling it will be crap again.

Sorry to hear you had to get a new phone. I'd hate to get a new phone due to Apple's mistake. I have a call set up with them today lets see how it goes.

schataut

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
I'm happy again. I got my new phone up and running with all my stuff synced back on with the IOS 6.

So in your case was the phone dead with "Invalid SIM" or did you have the issue intermittently and decided to get a new phone

So I contacted Apple support with not much help and since the phone is out of warranty they will not do anything about it. It sucks that they give us an update and then that update forces you to get a new phone. I hope someone has a class action coming up regarding this as well. :mad::mad:

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
So in your case was the phone dead with "Invalid SIM" or did you have the issue intermittently and decided to get a new phone

So I contacted Apple support with not much help and since the phone is out of warranty they will not do anything about it. It sucks that they give us an update and then that update forces you to get a new phone. I hope someone has a class action coming up regarding this as well. :mad::mad:

try with a new sim card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.