Sim Failure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Smug Boy, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Smug Boy macrumors member

I started getting the SIM Failure Message 3 days ago. I removed and reseated the SIM and am still receiving the message. I called Sprint and they transferred me to their international division. The person on the other end of the phone that I ended up with didn't have a clue as she was clearly reading from a script. I asked her if she could just send me another SIM and she told me that she couldn't and that I would have to go to a Sprint store and have them examine the phone. She didn't mention that I could go to an Apple store also.

Is replacing the SIM the normal course of action here? In 12 years I have never had a phone do this.

Any thoughts?

2. Qman89 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Um sprint dosent use sim cards they are CDMA

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

They have a sim in it, because it's a world phone.

OP try just taking it out.

4. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

I got the SIM failure message after upgrading from the 4 to the 4S. I just got a replacement SIM from my carriers store and it fixed everything SIM related.

5. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

They do fail. My son got a new sim for his iPhone 4S and it lasted a whole hour before failing. Replaced it and it has been perfect since.

My wife has has 2 replaced and I have only replaced mine due to the sim size change last year when I bought the iPhone 4.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

The Sprint phone doesn't require the sim to operate, though, since it's CDMA. The sim is only in there to enable international roaming.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

Get the Micro-SIM replaced to see if the error goes away. While you don't need a Micro-SIM for Sprint access in the USA, you should not be be seeing this error.

If a replacement Micro-SIM shows the same error then you should consider taking your iPhone 4S to Apple and have it checked. The SIM Failure message could be the Micro-SIM or the iPhone. Don't ignore it if the problem continues after you get a replacement Micro-SIM, this would be an indication that the iPhone has an issue.

Dave