Sim-free 4S (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iNickk, Oct 6, 2011.

1. iNickk macrumors member

I bought an iPhone 4 on contract from O2 in July. And got an awesome discount because of the company i worked for at the time (30% off each month). I was thinking of trading in my iPhone 4 for £270 (envirofone) and buying the new 4S Sim Free from Apple. That way I get to keep my awesome tariff.

Will O2 let me put my SIM into another phone?

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

They don't mind as long as you pay your bills.

3. iNickk thread starter macrumors member

Awesome, thank you.

4. shandyman Suspended

i'm doing this. just make sure you buy it simfree from the apple store as if you do it at one of the network ones, althought you're buying it sim free, they will probably have it locked to their network.

wondering if envirofone is the way to go or ebay

5. salacious macrumors 6502a

in the street we call it basha chips, pay monthly sim cards, these are the same sim cards you get with your phone...without the phone and you pay £20 upfront and run out the contract sim as much as you want until it gets blocked, using this analogy my friend you should realise by now that the only phones that are affected by sim cards are blackberry models according to my knowledge, they use a specific stream im not too tech savvy on this subject but i know that you cant just use any old sim card and get bb internet and bbm, so the answer is you can use any old sim card, infact its whats on the sim card is what enables the phones abilities, as your sim card is effectively a bank card... its useless without an account and the account is being controlled by how much can be spent and so on...

oh and even if it isnt sim free doesnt matter, just get it unlocked for free using giffgaffs guide :)