Sim free iPhone x ?

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
so I guess it won’t be an option. I guess it’s used to limit scalpers as they at least need a cell account. I use a nmvo so I can’t pre order the x but I was the 8+.

TinaNYCTower

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2017
so I guess it won’t be an option. I guess it’s used to limit scalpers as they at least need a cell account. I use a nmvo so I can’t pre order the x but I was the 8+.
Question? Sim free won't be available at launch. Maybe 2 months after launch.

Last edited:

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
I guess my question is how do I order one. Will I’ll be able to reserve one online without a carrier account?

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
None of us know at this point.

How much do you want one on Nov. 3rd? You might consider what others have done in past years and open a new account with one of the launch carriers and then cancel within 3 days and keep the iPhone X. This option requires you to pay full price.

Dave

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
Generally the SIM free option isn’t available at launch. They usually add it a month or so later. It’s very unlikely they’ll have it on October 27th or even early November.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I guess my question is how do I order one. Will I’ll be able to reserve one online without a carrier account?
Apparently the TMobile AiUP models don't need a TMobile account. However, they have the Intel modem so they don't work on Sprint or Verizon.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
And for T-Mobile AiUP, you have to go to the Apple Store. It is not available online from Apple.

Dave
Thanks for the info. I should clarify that the TMobile iPhones do work on Verizon's LTE network, but they won't work on Verizon if you drop the LTE signal since they don't have the CDMA modems. They won't work on Sprint at all.