Sim Free Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Seth Matthews, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

Hello!

If you bought a sim free iPhone and have to go in for a replacement for whatever issue, do they have sim free phones usually in stock to replace it with? I just don't want to be given an AT&T phone because that is who my carrier is with, when the phone I purchased was sim free.

2. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Yes they will replace with an unlocked version. If you went in now for a replacement you might be turned away or told it will take a few weeks. Apple stores do not typically give you brand new phones for replacements. Apple specifically makes replacement units that come in a plain white box.

3. Seth Matthews thread starter macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

I understand. I am having the crackling issue, and I thought I might go in for an exchange during the 14 day window and was concerned about whether or not they would have new sim free in stock. Thanks.

4. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

If you’re withing your 14 days they will typically exchange for a brand new unit. Why not give them a call and express your concerns?

5. Seth Matthews thread starter macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

That is the plan later today. Just thought I'd ask here in case someone had done it before. Thanks.