Sim free unlocked plus A1524 question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wolverine311, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Wolverine311 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Thanks in advance for helping a noob out. I am intrigued by the sim free models more recently released as It supposedly is white listed to the 4 big companies here in the states and I want to try out sprint but byod back to verizon or cricket if it doesn't pan out.

Q1. How does sprint exactly activate this model? Do they have a SIM card right in the store? And this doesn't "lock" my paid for device to them correct? Would the phone I purchase from apple qualify for their 50 dollar per month unlimited iphone promotion? The store rep was completely a deer in headlights when I ran all this passed him and he told me ask apple....

Q2. Upon purchase can I take my nano sim from my verizon iPhone 5s and use it immediately while I put my 5s up for sale?

Thanks much macrumors community.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

For some parts of Q1.
    Your phone will NOT be forever locked to Sprint if you use their sim card. Basically with BYOD plans its really a month-month situation (Yes, you could sign a contract but why?)...so any plan Sprint offers will work. Go to a Sprint store with you phone and get the sim and the 1-month plan to try the service.

4. Babiegurl38 macrumors newbie

I am a current Sprint customer who purchased my sim free iPhone 6+ directly from Apple. While picking up my device, the advisor simply handed me a new Sprint SIM card and directed me to the Sprint store a few doors down. Instead, I simply popped the card in, called Sprint and told them to activate my new phone (I was formerly using a Note 3). My phone is not locked to Sprint although when I chatted in to Apple, I believe he said I had to stay with Sprint for a minimum of 4 months. A sprint rep reiterated that statement as well. However, my phone isn't locked to their network which I don't mind if it is 4 months since I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I can't answer the $50 plan for sure since I am on a family plan , but you should be able to get the $50 plan with your device. HTH.