iPhone Sim not valid

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Grumpy232, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Grumpy232 macrumors member

I have the phone (4s) jailbroken. When I put in the gevey ultra sim with my activated TM micro sim, it wants to activate and goes to "sim not valid". Is this a fake gevey or am I missing a step. I did this with my daughters phone and got hers unlocked ok using a gevey. If I use her gevey with my sim, will her gevey need to be reset? Or can I swap the geveys with no worry? Don't want to run the risk of messing up the gevey in her phone. Thanks.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It might be a knock off.
    Where did you buy it ?
    eBay has a lot of knock offs being passed as Gevey.

3. Grumpy232 thread starter macrumors member

It was ebay. So can I stop pulling my hair out and just get another one? I assume this gevey is bad.
    What about using the other known working gevey? Do I stand a chance of something happening to that one?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you had bought from the Gevey website (a genuine Gevey product) they would just replace it for you.

I'm sure you got a knock off and most of those are just junk.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

do yourself a favor and order it from a official distributor. here is a very well known one if you save a couple bucks and it doesn't work you didn't save $$$.

http://www.applenberry.com/

6. Grumpy232 thread starter macrumors member

Do I run any kind of risk using the gevey from another phone to verify? Will I be able to swap the gevey back to the other phone without risk of something happening to other gevey?

I understand that the gevey I'm using is more than likely fake and have to get another one, thanks.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can use the Gevey in any 4S with no risk to harming the phone.