SIM Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dark-saito, Oct 7, 2009.

1. dark-saito macrumors regular

Okay. I have recently come into possession of an iPhone 3G, which was on AT&T. I currently have an LG Shine... If i were to switch SIMs, would it add the additional iPhone charge onto my plan? If so, is there any way to remedy that? Thanks in advance...

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

It won't automatically add the data plan for you.

Instead, you'll get charged gobs for the data the phone uses. Your best bet is to either add the data plan or call AT&T and request a data block for your line.

Note that you will still be able to use your phone on wifi for any data purposes but your phone WILL NOT send MMS no matter where you are.

3. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

ooohhh.... That sounds great! I'll have to get on that! Thank you very much!

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

AT&T knows exactly which phone you are using. When I put my SIM card into my KRZR, the website shows the change almost immediately. When I pop my SIM card into a 3G iPhone, it is updated immediately on the website. Just contact AT&T as the poster said above just to make sure you get the $30 data plan....:cool:

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've known people that get an SMS from AT&T telling them to that they know you are using an iPhone without a Data plan, so to please call a rep and add the package to your phone, or they will add it for you within a time frame.