Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
I have an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 4S. Both activated and on the same account.

Can I swaop the Sim cards to swap the phone numbers associated with the devices and be done with it?

I called AT&T and they want me to come down in oerson, and pay $18.00 per phone. From what I read a Sim swap does effectively the same thing. Nothing really changes on the account.

Will this work? I don't want to brinck the sim and end up having to go to AT&T with dead phones.

nmork

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
Under your bed.
Yeah, you can just swap them.

When I upgraded to my 4 (purchased off-contract) I just got a sim cutter and (carefully) cut the one that was in my 3GS.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I have an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 4S. Both activated and on the same account.

Can I swaop the Sim cards to swap the phone numbers associated with the devices and be done with it?

I called AT&T and they want me to come down in oerson, and pay $18.00 per phone. From what I read a Sim swap does effectively the same thing. Nothing really changes on the account.

Will this work? I don't want to brinck the sim and end up having to go to AT&T with dead phones.

You can just swap SIMs and be done with it. I ported in a number from sprint to att to add a new line. Once I activated the new 4S, I swapped SIMS with my existing 4 and that was that. I didn't even notify att and my online details indicate the first line is a 4S model and the new number is a 4 model...

azhagan

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
If you take the phones to Apple, they will be more than happy to transfer the phone numbers from one to the other for free.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Awesome.

Thanks
You can just swap SIMs and be done with it. I ported in a number from sprint to att to add a new line. Once I activated the new 4S, I swapped SIMS with my existing 4 and that was that. I didn't even notify att and my online details indicate the first line is a 4S model and the new number is a 4 model...

----------

Really?

Good to know. I'll try the Sim swap myself and if that fails I head to an Apple store. But it sounds like a swap will be just as effective,.

If you take the phones to Apple, they will be more than happy to transfer the phone numbers from one to the other for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.