Sim switching 3GS/ip4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Motoxmann, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Motoxmann macrumors member

Does anyone switch the sims between their iPhone 4 and 3G/3Gs? I finally found a new phone yesterday and I want to get a sim adapter so that I can use my 3GS when I'm training or in a place where I don't want to get the ip4 all dirty and sweaty. The guy at the store said that this is a no no and that AT&T would charge me the full price of the ip4 if I do this while I'm still under contract. This sounds like a complete load of bs but I just want to make sure. Thanks

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can do it with no issue, my development SIM goes between Android and iP4 and a 3Gs multiple times a month, never had an issue. Contract is to keep service for 24month not to keep the same phone.

3. Motoxmann thread starter macrumors member

Thanks that's what I figured. Any recommendations on where to pick up an adapter?

4. phillq23 macrumors member

http://microsim-shop.com/

Ships from Germany I believe. I got mine within a week after order date. I use it to swap between iphone4 and nexus one. The sim card fits very "snug" in the adapter.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I got a bunch from ebay I paid like $2 shipped for about 10 of them. real cheap you can find better one.

PLease note that if you are were grandfathered on the "unlimited" data plan you could lose it if you change your SIM. Everytime you change it to a new phone the system will assign the "correct" data plan, since you are using 2 iPhones of the newer iphone you may no have a issue. (but i lost mine on that number when I change it the first time to the android phone). Just something to keep in mind.