OS Neutral SimCity Bootcamp or OSX

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by cvest, Oct 24, 2013.

1. cvest macrumors newbie

I ordered a maxed out Haswell Macbook Pro and was wondering if I should Bootcamp and play the windows version or just play it natively. I have read many bad reviews for the OSX version but wasn't sure if it had been fixed.

2. cvest thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I'm sorry I don't as I haven't tried the game.

Even though that's no help I didn't want you to feel your question is just falling on deaf ears. Hopefully somebody playing it will come along soon. I would think it is fairly popular.

4. cvest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your response, I wasn't sure if the question was dumb or nobody felt like answering haha but thank you for responding.

5. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Your welcome. I hope you get an answer soon. I'd be interested in hearing myself how the Mac version turned out or if there was problems did they get fixed?

6. JordanNZ macrumors 6502a

Just try it in OSX.. If you have performance issues, then try it in bootcamp :)

7. scbond macrumors 6502

I own the DVD and installed initially on Windows. The game has it's issues but runs flawlessly on the PC running Windows. Installed it on OS X when the update was released and it was horribly slow despite my hardware specs being over the minimum requirements.

Honestly, stick to Windows with this game...ideally on a PC but if your only option is Boot Camp then do that.

8. hieronymuspool macrumors newbie

This would mean buying the game twice though?

9. cvest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats a great idea, i wasn't aware that the download includes Windows and Mac.

Thanks for the tip, this is what i will do. Unfortunate but glad to know that this game still sucks on Mac.

10. Erphern macrumors 6502

I bought it this morning, and I've been playing for the past several hours @ 2560x1440, no problems whatsoever. I'm enjoying it much more than forums would have had me believe, too! :)

This is on an iMac 3.5 GHz i7, 32GB, 780M, Mavericks.

11. JordanNZ macrumors 6502a

Not with Sim City... Buy once, play on either OS. No harm in trying it on OSX first before going through the hassle of bootcamp.

12. RiverbankGuy macrumors newbie

It plays just fine on my 2011 iMac running Mountain Lion and now with Mavericks.

13. Digitalclips macrumors 65816

Sim City 5 (uses Origin) runs fine on my MacBook Pro i7 2010 on an external 23" Apple LCD full screen! I am using Mavericks. I just tweaked the settings till it worked. No issues what so ever.

14. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

15. cvest thread starter macrumors newbie