Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluevein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Hi All,

New to the forums. I bought an IPAD 4 weeks ago and have been hooked with it's capability and apps. I can't seem to let it go!

I was always a big fan of the old simcity and recently downloaded simcity deluxe for the IPad, but am disappointed to discover a few bugs.

Well maybe they are not bugs if someone can help me resolve where i'm going wrong.

Firstly, my town is always short of water. despite this, i have built a city with a population of almost 1 million with $600,000 in cash reserves.

I have water pumps near the river, water towers, water treatment plants and desalination plants.

When i click on the water pumps, they say they are at about 3/4 capacity. 918 Tons/Month with a capacity of 1500 Tons per month. They are not old. I replace them when they are.

The desalination plants have a usage of 3000 Tons per month and capacity of 5000 tons per month. They are also replaced well before end of life.

The Water treatment plants are at 60,000 Tons per month both usage and capacity. Although some are at zero usage. The environmental advisor does not say my water is polluted though.

After i replace water towers, pumps, plants etc, the utilities advisor says my water system is excellent, but only moments later he will declare we do not have enough water.

I have pipes in all the right places. The map is blue when i look at water coverage. I even turned on auto pipes to see if that would make a difference.

The banner down the bottom often randomly comments on my excellent water system, then tells me my town is dry and needs more water.

It happens to me whenever i build a new city.

Has anyone else had this bug?

Blue

matt90036

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
yup, all of them. a lot of people do, just look at the ratings. whoever created the game doesn't care to update it. that's why I gave it 1 star. I suggest you do the same.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Ha. Same issue. I've only recently d/l this and it was puzzling me. Thanks for highlighting it. And yes, there is a pi$$ poor record of updates so I doubt this will get fixed any time soon.

mmmtastybusch

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
It's def. a glitch. do you guys have auto water piping on? I've found it does this to me when I have auto on, but if I manually run all the pipes I don't get the "town is dry" message, and it comments on an excellent water system

my problem is the stadium.. the sims keep begging for a stadium, but I can't find a way to build one

EDIT: Nevermind, it's now doing it to me when I manually install pipes as well. FAIL, EA

Last edited:

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Maybe try contacting the developers? They tend to have more knowledge on this kind of thing than random people on forums, and there's also the chance that this is a bug they're not aware of yet (I've had this happen myself - a few bad reviews just saying "doesn't work" and then I see somebody asking about an issue on some random forum - and all for a bug I didn't hear about and that took a couple of minutes to fix. Frustrating!)

Also, anyone else read it 1st time as:
I bought an IPAD 4

:D

arvidurs

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
I accidentally found the solution to the Stadium and other problems..I dont know if the solution is already known.

In the Advisors section, at the Bottom is a little icon "Petitions"..There you will find a lot of signed petitions from residents, and in there you fill find a Stadium petiton, if you agree to that, you will find the Stadium in the Gifts section, costs 75k..

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.