SimCity Deluxe Question

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MacDryCleaner, Dec 18, 2010.

1. MacDryCleaner macrumors regular

Hi All -

My 10 year old loves to build cities and then, of course, destroy them via aliens or tornadoes or whatever.

Does anyone know of any cheat codes for the iPad version of SimCity Deluxe? Kind of pointless to have a 10 year old budget the city in order to advance. He just wants to build/wreck them.

Thanks!

2. casajencol macrumors newbie

Hey,

Not sure but this looks like an ipad version of Sim City 2000, search for that on the net and see if the PC Cheats work?

I am getting my ipad in a week and already have this on my itunes ready to sync cant wait to get it! lol

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

4. HXGuy macrumors 68000

There is an app in the App Store called SC Cheats that has all the cheat codes, it's $0.99. The codes work on the iPad as well, I just tried.

To bring up the Cheat Code input box, shake the iPad (may take a few tried) and enter the code. The best one for what you need is "i am weak" (without the quotations). It makes all building costs free. Another good one is "call cousin vinnie" and then choose the Meet option and then Local Fundraising Event. This will give you $100,000 in funds.

5. MacDryCleaner thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

Thanks, guys! I appreciate your help. I'll try your solutions.

6. casajencol macrumors newbie

my god, these are the same cheats as the PC Version you will probably find the same with alot of other games that have been ported to the ipad...C&C red alert etc.

7. EldoInTheWeeds macrumors member

I cannot get "call cousin vinnie" to work. After you type it in, where do you go to get the money?

8. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Cheats are cool and all but are there any walkthroughs or guides. I want to know what specific buildings do.

9. EldoInTheWeeds macrumors member

FWIW, you do not really need a money cheat. Use "I am weak" to do all your building for free. Your city will lose money, and eventually the people with fire you as mayor, but you can continue to play. Eventually your city will start making money and all is forgiven. The people do not officially rehire you, but there is no sign you were fired. Cancelling most of the city ordances helps balance the budget. And do not take any loans.

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Man, I remember this game back in the old days of Windows 95. Some good times with those natural disasters and infinite arcos...

11. farrahjean macrumors newbie

This game brings back memories ...

I remember playing the original version of this game back in the day and it was just as addicting. It's still quite the same, but equally as fun!