SimCity help!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Shawnstra, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Shawnstra macrumors regular

Is there anywhere where there is a guide to play it? I don't get it? I can't get any buildings, all I do is zone areas and then nothing appears on it?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Have you ever played SimCity before? There is a tutorial that's included apparently, have a little look up on that, other than that, look like how to play Sim City 3000, essentially the same rules apply, it's just got a different interface.

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

the game has a tutorial. play through that and you will understand it better. there is also a help section of the game that is very helpful too.

to get to the tutorial: Main Menu > Play > New > Tutorial (Bottom Right)
    to get to the help area: Main Menu > Help > Play

4. Shawnstra thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks i'll try the help area. Tutorial didn't help much though.

Edit/ I still don't get it? How do you get buildings to appear in the zoned areas?

5. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

it can take a while for them to show up. you can get them to show up faster by fast forwarding the game (hit the play button at the bottom right). make sure you have utilities such as water and electricity added. also make sure you have roads first.

you can also build some building yourself with the menu at the left.

6. Shawnstra thread starter macrumors regular

oh thanks!

7. iSaga macrumors regular

Yeah I don't get this game at all & the tutorial is crap. They really should have come out with a better tutorial for this game or included a strategy guide.

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

iF you haven't played on the computer before then i suggest just going to your library and seeing if they have ANY Sim City guide. It won't matter what version if you don't really get the game. The later version add more features - i normally prefer the older versions.

Maybe something here will help you: http://www.sc3000.com/

or this, even though it's the classic version they have more in depth instructions.

http://simcity.ea.com/play/simcity_classic.php

I'm pretty sure that EA didn't think people would be buying this as their first foray into Sim City!

9. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

This proves there IS a good demand for a true Sim City 5, instead of Sim City Societies, which is a complete piece of junk and not worthy of the Sim City title.