Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
There have been a LOT of negative comments and reviews of this new game... I'm looking for positive comments from those that have actually used the Mac version... If there are any.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I played it for several hours yesterday and it worked well. I got in every time and it never crashed.

Despite some of the things they've done to it compared to past games, I still like it and find it fun to play.

radiohead1075

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008
I was able to install origin and sim city with no problems (Early Mac Pro 2008, 10.8.4).

Was skeptical about the whole forced "social" aspect, but find the game still fun to play as past versions.

For $39, I found it worth the price.

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
There have been a LOT of negative comments and reviews of this new game... I'm looking for positive comments from those that have actually used the Mac version... If there are any.

It's a really easy game to beat!

http://imgur.com/a/gW7F9

And I quote:

0% taxes apparently transform normal lowly sims into supersims, who never get sick, don't resort to crime and do not set themselves on fire

I never really liked those other SimCity games. They required way too much micromanagement. It almost felt like they were expecting you to run the whole city by yourself or something.

-SC

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Sunk about 40 hours into it. Not bad. Some minor glitches happening but not horrible.

Renzatic

Suspended
I never really liked those other SimCity games. They required way too much micromanagement. It almost felt like they were expecting you to run the whole city by yourself or something.

That's exactly what they expect you to do. You're the supermayor, and the game expects you to do all the things a supermayor would do. Which is everything.

While I loved SimCity back in the day, the Anno series have long since become my go-to fix for when I feel the need to build a city.

old-mac-man

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
Mind your own business.
From my point of view, SimCity has benefitted from having PC users beta test the game.

The small build areas are a bit irritating, but if you build a second city in the region you can begin to understand how it all knits together.

I'd suggest that SC is a bit overpriced, but it still delivers the city building goodness if you have an urge to create rather than destroy.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
The mac version runs well for me. Theres still lots of issues with the game in general but they are being fixed or improved on all the time. Its far from perfect but I'm still enjoying it.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The mac version runs well for me. Theres still lots of issues with the game in general but they are being fixed or improved on all the time. Its far from perfect but I'm still enjoying it.

Agreed. I'm having the same experience as well. Even the PC version worked well for me. But as you say, there are still some game issues to be worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.