Similar Game to PLANTS VS ZOMBIES for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by lPHONE, Feb 6, 2011.

1. lPHONE, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

lPHONE macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

I beat PvZ and now I need my next fix.

(ps, i don't like anything with elves, knights or fairies)

2. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

PvZ is a pretty basic fixed-path tower defense game. There are a number of other similar games - look into the tower defense genre.

Some let you use the towers (called plants in PvZ) to create paths for the creeps (called zombies in PvZ), others have the creeps going down a fixed path and you put towers where you think they'll work best together, which is more like PvZ.

Some nice ones are Desktop TD, Vector TD, Bubble Tanks TD, Virus TD etc. All are free to play online.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The best tower defence game I ever played was Defense Grid (PC, Mac and XBL). I've thrown days into that game.

4. lPHONE, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

lPHONE thread starter macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

The thing is, I don't really like those strategy type of games with blocks and shapes that you find at the pub.
    The reason I like Plants vs Zombies is because it's rediculously entertaining. Zombies? Dancing flowers? I mean, c'mon!
    I don't care if it's free or $100, as long as it's good!

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Tower Madness for iPhone / iPad is fun too. Not sure if they got a Mac version.

6. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Don't understand what you mean by that? Do you mean you don't like games with simple geometric shapes? Fair enough. Defense Grid seems a good match for you.

On the iphone / ipad, Fieldrunners, and 7 Cities TD are both good ones, but less characterful than PvZ.

7. lPHONE thread starter macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

You're talking about this game??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1kHiHOm0tI
    I can never find these game people talk about on the forum

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Google is your friend. If you can't find it, you need to refine your search criteria. Looking for 'Seven Cities TD' gave me this link on the first page of results.

9. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

try world of goo seems to have about the same pace as pvz

10. User3977 macrumors member

look on armor games and check out the tower defense games there. wizard defense i think is one.