Similar mp3tag program

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JopVerberne, Sep 28, 2011.

1. JopVerberne Guest

Hi,

I recently switched from a Windows laptop to a Macbook Pro. I'm trying to get similar apps as I had on my Windows laptop.

I'm able to find everything, except for this app: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

The special thing about this app, is that it has the possibility to tag all my mp3's according to a pattern I make. For example I could do just Artist - Title, and it takes all the id3t data, and covert the titles.

Is there anything similar for Mac? It would make my Mac environment complete!

Thanks in advance,

Jop

2. JopVerberne thread starter Guest

Thanks!

But this seems way more complicated than Mp3tag. That just had like one button which converted all the mp3s titles + artist names from the ID3T to the title. It also had some functions with which I could delete all the artwork from all my mp3's at the same time (and Id3tags which I don't need).

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes does that quite simply. Select all the tracks you wish to modify, Get Info, then check any box where you want to delete that tag and click OK.

4. JopVerberne thread starter Guest

Ok got that. Any way to convert the id3tags to Artist - Song in the actual title (which shows in the finder)?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, the File Renamer script I posted a link to earlier does exactly that.

6. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

If you are wanting to simply rename the files rather than alter the actual tags, then check out A Better Finder Rename, or tritag (free, and an intel version on the developers website).

7. JopVerberne thread starter Guest

GGJstudios, it doesn't work. I downloaded it, but it has not the same extension as the other scripts. It does open (in an other way than the other scripts), and it says it did his job, but the files are not renamed.

----------

It opens the apple script editor with this script.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It will work fine if you install and use it correctly. The page that pops up when you download it will give you instructions on how to set it up. I use it extensively and it renames files in Finder based on tag information with a single mouse click. It works on individual files, albums or thousands of files at once. Like all of those scripts, you run them from within iTunes.

9. JopVerberne thread starter Guest

Aaah, I see the problem.

When I drag & drop the files into Itunes, it copies them to another place at my harddrive. How can I set it, so that it renames the files where they actually came from (where they were dragged from)?

10. JopVerberne thread starter Guest

Nevermind, I found it. This topic can be closed.