Simple activation questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rydenfan, Jun 14, 2010.

1. rydenfan macrumors member

Guys,

I have a few simple questions I would love some help with. I currently have a 3g and am eligable for the AT&T upgrade. So:

1. Since I am eligable for the upgrade can I pre-order through Apple? or does it have to be ordered from AT&T?

2. If I can order from Apple, is the first step to sync it with iTunes? or call AT&T and register the new phone to transfer my number and plan over?

Thanks so much! The 3g was my first iPhone so I have not been through the transfer process yet. Just trying to keep it as simple as possible :D

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

you should just plug it in to itunes and then it will ask you if you want to replace your 3G. "there should be no reason to come to the AT&T store", from the words of an AT&T employee. But we all know how smart they are

3. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Ahh. This will be second time today I post this. Here we go.
    Not trying to flame but did you search.....at all?
    Your questions have been answered many times over throughout the forum. All the answers are there.
    This will be the 11th post I read with the same questions that have been already answered.

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

It doesn't matter. If you order through Apple, they interact behind the scenes with ATT to determine your eligibility.

Synch through iTunes takes care of everything.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Search
    Search
    Search

Everything you asked has been answered 5,000 times

Stop being lazy and use the search function

6. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I swear I thought I was reading the same post from about 3 minutes ago. Didn't you?

7. rydenfan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much to the members looking to provide me with assistance, I very much appreciate it.