Simple AdSense Question

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by turbobass, Apr 13, 2011.

1. turbobass macrumors 6502

This is probably going to sound really dumb but I can't figure out how to restrict my AdSense ads to just a specific category on a specific page.

That is, I want all of the ads to appear on all of my sites -- except for one site. On that site I just want "tech" ads to appear. However, if I try to restrict by content on my AdSense dashboard then I will end up restricting ALL of my sites. There does not be a way to restrict the content of my ads based on the ad CHANNEL. Unless I am being super dumb.

Anyone have a good alternative to AdSense that I can use for just this one site?

2. NumeroTen macrumors member

NumeroTen

Hey

I don't believe it is possible to do that manually. However, the way to do this is basically just to post tech things on that site. After google indexes the words on the page itself it readjusts your ads to be based on what the page is.( takes some time depneding on how frequently u get indexed) So you ad will turn into tech ads if u have tech information on that page.

3. turbobass thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish I could do that!!

Am looking into other services. AdBrite looks cool but I don't think I can select JUST rich media ads and NOT text ads ... haven't gotten much farther than that due to time ...

My plan now is just to use a different service for that one site, since AdSense gets quite upset if you try to set up more than one account lol.