iPhone Simple and stable LockScreen weather wigget that works with latest Saurik's Cydget?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HasoMujo, Jan 31, 2014.

1. HasoMujo macrumors regular

Hi all,

I am looking for simple and stable LockScreen weather wigget that works with latest Saurik's Cydget...

Any suggestions guys?

2. HasoMujo thread starter macrumors regular

3. phreebsd macrumors regular

Considered GroovyLock?

Fully animated. This version I have modified for 5/5s. But I have one for the 4/4S also.
    Just drop folder in /User/Library/GroovyLock/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391194108.025698.jpg

4. HasoMujo thread starter macrumors regular

Hi all,

Thanks for info!

I will look into "GroovyLock" - I only asked about Cydget because it was the latest development...

5. HasoMujo thread starter macrumors regular

Hi all,

I decided to go with David Ashman's new "Forecast" and leave all Cydget / GroovyLock attempts behind...

6. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

How do you like it?

I'm on a 4s and the new iOS Lockscreen Weather (cydget) was the only weather with forcaster that I could get to reliably work. Everything using Groovylock was just a disaster (though I'm near certain it is user error). It was remarkably easy to set up and I was almost surprised when it worked.
    Allegedly they are working on a version that will auto-detect location changes (versus modifying the config file).

Any words on your experience with Forecast?

7. HasoMujo thread starter macrumors regular

Hi all,

I also have iPhone 4S and the "Forecast" is working (i.e. it follows what default iOS7 Weather app is showing) - the only issue I noticed is that instead of textual weather description I sometimes have "-"...

Other than that I would love some additional info displayed as well (i.e. just like others have mentioned here: manual update, "real feel", name of place etc.)!

8. phreebsd macrumors regular

I also bought forcast. I love the live weather homescreen that mine doesnt do.
    Forecast rocks!

9. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Here's my iOS Lockscreen Weather. Not the best background, I realize. But as mentioned, was the only thing I could get to work. Seems like those of us on iOS7 JB and running a 4s are a fairly small niche. Glad to see Forecast just released their more compatible version. When I tried just 2 weeks ago, the results were ... well, there were no results. For 99 cents, I'll give anything a try because I believe I like the layout just a bit better.

Attached Files:

10. hgrimberg macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

Is there a weather widget that works on an ipad with ios7 and winterboard installed? I searched and installed a lot like iwidget, LS weather ipad, forecast, etc but none of them work...

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

These require the mobile weather app which iPad does not have, so no.

12. hgrimberg, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014

hgrimberg macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

Simple and stable LockScreen weather wigget that works with latest Saurik's C...

So, no way at all? What about using Cydget?