Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sorrycharlie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Stockbridge, Georgia
Greetings to you all. I was just wondering - after I've used AnySIM to unlock my iPhone, do I need to keep it installed to keep the phone unlocked, or will uninstalling it lock the phone again?

SharkySharky

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2007
Utah
Greetings to you all. I was just wondering - after I've used AnySIM to unlock my iPhone, do I need to keep it installed to keep the phone unlocked, or will uninstalling it lock the phone again?

You should be able to delete it. I believe that I uninstalled it when I used it on my 1.1.1 iPhone

Pretty sure I uninstalled it since I can't find it on my phone anywhere ;)

You should look for a FAQ from the anySIM developers themselves to make sure before you have to start all over with the unlocking process!

sorrycharlie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Stockbridge, Georgia
You should be able to delete it. I believe that I uninstalled it when I used it on my 1.1.1 iPhone

Pretty sure I uninstalled it since I can't find it on my phone anywhere ;)

You should look for a FAQ from the anySIM developers themselves to make sure before you have to start all over with the unlocking process!

Thanks for the reply, Sharky! I searched for an FAQ after reading your post, but I haven't found any yet. I can't even find the iPhone Dev Team's wiki anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.