Simple Applecare Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zenbrother, Nov 9, 2014.

1. zenbrother macrumors newbie

zenbrother

I'm pretty sure that you don'd need the original receipt of purchase of an Iphone or macbook but only need to have the device registered with Applecare (plus) to receive worldwide warranty and repairs..

Am I correct?

Just checking in.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You're correct. I can't confirm the worldwide part. I know I've read of people vacationing out of the country having issues with apple care even despite the fact that they took it to an Apple Store in said country.

Mbit you can even add apple care over the phone. They have you plug it into your conouter where they run some diagnostics and you're all set. So no, no rexeipt needed.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It won't work worldwide. You'll need to get it serviced in the country you originally purchased it.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above its only applicable in the country of purchase.

You need your phone and that's it if it is though

5. zenbrother thread starter macrumors newbie

zenbrother

Thanks for all the replies guys.

It's an interesting point I believe about the world wide warranty because I know a few people that had their Iphone on the older "applecare" (not plus) serviced or replaced in overseas countries.

Also I know one guy who had his hard drive replaced under apple care in India while he originally bought it in US.

I believe with apple care plus it's world wide now. That what the lady told me on the phone when I added apple care plus to my Iphone 6.

She said that if you can't find a place then mail it it and we mail you a new one back if needed. Pretty sweet. Gotta love Apple :)

About the receipt thing, that's good. That's what I thought, makes sense...

Thanks for the replies everyone,
    zen