Simple Background ios4 Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by SilverLMD, Aug 11, 2010.

1. SilverLMD macrumors newbie

I installed simplebackground and tried to set the background wallpaper. My idevice is a jailbroken ipod touch 2g. When I select "simple background" wallpaper selection, an error appears saying "failed to set wallpaper" Any solutions? :confused: I've added screenshots to show you.

Attached Files:

2. jreynolds323 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I'm trying to set ANY wallpaper. Not just landscape ones.

3. SilverLMD thread starter macrumors newbie

Did your problem start after installing winterboard? I didn't have the problem when I first jailbroke it. I think when I downloaded some themes, especially the widgets, they conflicted with the homescreen wallpaper. Now when I disable all the themes, the wallpaper is just black, and you could see a faint background in the spotlight page. Same with you, my normal wallpaper doesn't even show up.

4. SilverLMD thread starter macrumors newbie

After I did a complete restore of ios4 on my ipod (did something stupid stuck on bootscreen) I installed simple background 1.1.1 first. Right after I installed it, the homescreen wallpaper completely turns black. Is simple background conflicting with the original wallpaper when it is installed? Anyone else have this problem?

5. jake9001 macrumors newbie

Maybe simple background is outdated or something..

I use BossPaper & BossPaper Transparent.. that's the only successful way I've been able to change my homescreen wall, you could try that if you like.. its a bit harder to use then simple background.. but once you use it once or twice its just as easy.

6. SilverLMD thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem resolved! Update to Simplebackground 1.2 seemed to do the trick :)
    btw love this app/addon!