Simple/Basic CRM Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac In School, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I'm in the market for an app that resembles a late 80s version of Act or Goldmine. Today's CRM software is just way too much for what I need. I don't use 98% of what they do.

All I want to do is have a list of contacts, history, and a calendar, really.

I want to manually record history "I talked to so and so today and we talked about..." and have it tagged to the person I talked to.

I want to schedule follow-up actions and get alerts to complete them.

I want to tag whether or not they are a prospect or a client. Maybe a place to include a lead source.

That's about it. I'm using Zoho CRM now because it's free, but it's overkill too. Forces me to open "accounts" when I covert a "lead" to a "contact", blah, blah, blah. Drives me nuts.

Anything out there that I should consider?

Thanks.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

There's a real shortage of decent CRM software on the Mac. Daylite is probably the best of 'em.

3. Evader macrumors newbie

4. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I vote for Daylite

our small business uses Daylite and has for a couple of years. It's a little quirky at times but the development team is very responsive and they update it regularly. It works well with iPhone syncing and it's pretty powerful.

Grab the demo and use it for a while. It has a bit of a learning curve but it's worth it.

5. crm-admirer macrumors newbie

CRM Software

Hi guys,
    As per my experience regarding CRM business solutions, CRMLogic is a professional services firm focused on CRM business solutions. Their approach is a blend of management consulting and technology know-how, which provides us with contemporary business outcomes - not just software.
    One can get benefit of their wealth of experience from simple solutions with little customization through complex extensions with deep integration to related systems at: http://www.crmlogic.com.au

6. crmmizer, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

crmmizer macrumors newbie

I will recommend Maximizer CRM software. It is a provider of simple, accessible CRM solutions. I have been using it for many years. It has great features and there are many benefits of using Maximizer CRM Software and now with the cloud version it is available for the Mac.

7. rcheng macrumors newbie

CRM Software

I think what you really need is a good contact management solution. There are tons of CRM solutions out there, but most are going to be full of features that you probably won't need. I'd lean towards a web-based system so you don't have to worry about any compatibility issues. I recommend BatchBook, but there are a lot of other systems out there. If you need something with some more "OOMF", I suggest checking out crmsoftwarereview (dot) org. They've got a good collection of user based crm reviews.

8. ScottNWDW, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011

ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Have you looked at Plan Plus Online, from Franklin Covey. You can use it on a Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, etc

www.franklincovey.com

9. mrhud macrumors newbie

Base

Base is a really neat, tidy and intuitive solution. I have been using it since last week and really like it. Easy-peasy

http://bit.ly/yzroGR

10. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I too am looking for something basic like this. I've worked with CRMs like Salesforce and Goldmine, however, those are too much power for what I want.

I mostly just wish to have the ability to organize contacts by company, and keep notes and schedule tasks pertinent to each contact.

I'd also like to view them by company, so the workflow would look/act like:

View list of companies
    Open company
    View contacts/basic info about company
    Open contact
    View info pertinent to contact (email correspondence, notes, tasks, etc.)

I was hoping something in the price range of Bento would be able to do this (only one user is necessary.. for now), and it would be able to export data in case we move to another CRM in the future.