Simple but for me impossibile finder action

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dcaccount, Jun 27, 2017.

1. dcaccount macrumors regular

Hello,

I can not perform a simple but important action in Finder and I am asking for your help having tried everything.

On the left panel I have the Favorites and on the right one I have a file that I would like to drag and drop to a subdirectory (for instance Photos) of a Favorite item (for instance Multimedia).

When I drag the file and move it to the left panel above Multimedia directory, there is no way for me to make Photos directory appear.

I need to drang and drop it to Multimedia, enter Multimedia and then drang and drop into Photos.

Actually a couple of time I have succeeded in making the sub directory appear but I have not realized how and so I do not know how to do this.

Can anyone please help?
    Thanks a lot,
    daniele

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I dunno how you made a subfolder appear for a favorite in the sidebar of the Finder; AFAIK it can't be done. Are you sure you were using the Finder to do that? maybe you dragging from Finder window to Finder window?

3. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

What version of MacOS are you using. I just tried it in 10.11.6 and 10.12.5. When I dragged the file to the folder under finder favorites, I held the file on top of the folder until the folder looks like it wiggles, then the contents of the folder is shown.