Simple calendar sync question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pimcoco, Jun 25, 2009.

1. pimcoco macrumors newbie

As first time Iphone user, got the new 3GS today, for business purposes.

Setup by the local IT guy, it syncs well over the company Exchange Server with the business PC.

But exchange calender items do not sync down to Ical at the home Mac.

Calender items do sync from Ical at the home Mac to the Iphone, and when they get changed on the Iphone, even sync back correctly. Just new items made on the Iphone or on the Exchange Server PC do not sync down.

Any tips to help?

Tks

2. f00f macrumors 65816

I'm in the same boat, same scenario. Furthermore Exchange doesn't sync w/ the MobileMe cloud. Bummer.

Your iCal and Exchange cals will not be synced with each other, but they will be shown in the same calendar display on your iPhone. (You can view each calendar individually on your iPhone, or choose to look at them all at once, "merged" with each other.) As far as Outlook and iCal data being synced.... I think we might have to wait for Snow Leopard which, I believe, has better calendar support.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

the home mac is currently not set up to sync with the exchange server
    currently, mac os x does not support exchange so you will need to use microsoft entourage (the mac version of outlook) or wait until september for snow leopard to be released which includes exchange support

when exchange has been enabled, wherever the change is made - work pc, mac or iphone, the change will be reflected on the others instantly