simple database?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eusebius, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Eusebius macrumors member

Microsoft Office for Windows includes a database application called Access. This is missing from the Apple version of Office. Back in my old PC days I used Access to maintain a simple database to keep track of architecture in different countries. Is there a similar application for OS X (I'm on Tiger)? It needn't be compatible with the Access format. Please, not Filemaker: it's very expensive and it's overkill for my purposes.

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Take a look here at the thread on the low-end Filemaker database app called Bento. It may fit your need, it may not.

Be advised that it is a trial software, not released, and could change. The entire thread was informative to me, and led me to testing it. Also inexpensive.

You might also want to give Numbers a try, and before people start shooting at me, it can be used as a quasi-database of sorts.

3. Slumbercub macrumors regular

What about one of the notebook/freeform database applications that are numerous on the Mac platform. The first one that springs to mind for your purposes would be DevonThink

4. Eusebius thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the suggestions. Bento is for Leopard only, and I'm still happily on Tiger. I'll have a look at Numbers and DevonThink.