Simple device: Bluetooth -> minijack. Anyone seen one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ShinyToy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ShinyToy macrumors newbie

It seems like the most obvious thing we need with the new OS 3.0 is a really simple little bluetooth minijack that will plug into the aux port in car stereos. But I can't seem to find anything that simple!

Ideally, it won't even have a mic since the iphone is mounted on the dash quite close the driver. Basically, it will just be a bluetooth headphone with a minijack instead of the headphones!

Has anyone seen anything like this? I can't find it anywhere.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I'm sorry but your English is so broken I can't even understand what you are asking

can you please clarify, add more details, what kind of car, etc

3. Johnathan macrumors member

There's nothing wrong with his English, I understood him perfectly fine.

I don't have any experience with them, but they are out there.. just do a search for [ "bluetooth car kit" ] or something. unless you're just wanting to do it to stream music to your deck... then you'd want to search for [ bluetooth "audio gateway" car ] ... but make sure that the iphone supports the bluetooth audio gateway before you do, I have no idea myself.

-j

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

This is the same one that I've been looking for yet I cant find any.

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I'm sorry but I've read his post 5x and still don't know exactly what he is asking

6. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

It's not that hard, guys. Even the title of the thread is descriptive enough. Unless I am missing something he's looking for bluetooth receiver to aux-out. Instead of of plugging a cable into his iPhone, bluetooth it.

Here are some links I found on Google.

One

err that was all. Not sure if it works for this.

7. ShinyToy thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what's wrong with Dr. Cabrera's comprehension skills. The original email was not particularly elegantly worded but it seems to make sense.

Yeah, I was googling for quite a while before I posted but I wasn't using very good search terms. These things are generally called bluetooth audio receivers. I've found a few things that will almost do everything I want.

The best seems to be this one. It would be perfect if it had a USB port on it allowing you to charge the iphone when you want.

Here's a neat looking one too. But you can't charge it while using it.

Also, in case anyone's interested. Here's another nice looking one but again, it doesn't charge and play at the same time and some reviews say the sound quality is average.

Anyway, sorry for the premature topic posting! I should have done some better googling.

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I think it's because the terms you are using are not descriptive enough

you are looking for a

Bluetooth audio receiver that can connect to a 3.5mm Aux input

correct ?

9. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

^
    to be exact the one that has A2DP profile bluetooth is the one I'm looking for as well