Simple Earbud Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rioting, Oct 19, 2008.

1. rioting macrumors member

Hello!
    Anyone know if the Apple Earbuds are covered under warranty as well as the iPod? My Earbud's (which I try to take great care of) rubber rings around the headphone and the 'port' section are tearing. Can I just go to an Apple Store and ask for a replacement?

Thanks in advance. :D

2. ridingforlife macrumors member

I have the extended warranty on my iPod, and it includes one new set of earbuds.

3. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

yes i would like to know this too but i have no extended warranty but i have until December?

4. theappleguy macrumors 6502

Not sure if they are covered, but why not take the opportunity to get some better headphones? The ones that come with the iPod are satisfactory, but you can get much better sound out of third party headphones.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't know that there's an official policy, but in the past, owners here have walked into an Apple store with their iPod and receipt and their defective headphones and had good success with getting them to give them a free new pair. Technically, it probably falls under wear / tear / abuse -- even if you treat it gently -- but usually they seem to be indulging about it.

6. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

well the thing is i use the apple hp for school since i have bluetooth ones ($199.99 plus adapter) but i dont want them to get stolen b/c our lockers are not very good.

7. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

The stock earbuds suck so much. I always use a 3rd party earbuds. The saying is true with opposites attract. I use the microsoft premium headphones on the apple ipod, they can work together ^_^. I just love the feel of the rope like string with the magnetic clip together earbuds, also the sound quality is pretty good. ^_^

8. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

well, if u want some decent headphones, i would go for the sennheiser cx300 model on amzon as it is the same price as replacement ipod headphones but are tons better.
    EDIT!!!!!: just read that fakes are being sold by amazon.com so pay 30 bucks more and get from apple online store.

9. slomifier macrumors regular

Save up like 40$ and go to Play or HMV and buy some Skullcandy earphones. They have a lifetime "no-questions-asked" warrenty. I use them and they have amazing sound.

Just a suggestion