Simple editing song's artist/titles?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ktalebian, Sep 23, 2009.

1. ktalebian macrumors regular

Hi there,
    In Windows, if you ever want to change the Artist Name, title, genre, etc of a song, all you have to do is right click, go to properties, and there, you can change everything.
    On Mac, I haven't been able to find anything that simple! Whenever I want to do that, I have to open it with iTunes, and change them in iTunes, and drag them out!
    Is there a simpler solution like the one in Windows?

Thanks!

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

In a word, no. The only thing you can do is choose which application to open the file with. For instance, I find it a tiny bit simpler opening the file with QuickTime Player 7 instead of iTunes and edit the info from there. ;)

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could try an application like Tagr or MediaRage, but there's nothing built-in like there is in Windows.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'm confused. I have some music CDs where the titles show up in Japanese in iTunes, and I've had no problem changing the song titles to English. While I don't speak or read Japanese, the physical CD case has the titles in English, so it was easy enough to simply retype them into iTunes.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

He/she was asking why you couldn't do this directly from the Finder, like you can in Windows.