"Simple full Siri port for iPhone 4" Q&A and info...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iChaseH, Nov 21, 2011.

1. iChaseH, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

iChaseH macrumors member

iChaseH

So here's the link to the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jYkJfcXQrM

Now a couple questions to clear things up;
    It says it can't connect to the server, so does that mean it will be virtually useless or will it still be able to do things like setup appointments?
    Then there's this shared token that you may connect Siri with? Will that make it operational? How complex is it to do?
    Is it worth the risk? Some say they have some bugs, some say none. You can always just restore it if you run into problems so why not?

Feel free to answer or ask anymore questions you may have for others to answer. Thanks.
    P.S.- Don't come in here just to be rude and yell at me or other people. Act decent.

2. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

For starters - would be helpful if your link worked...

3. iChaseH thread starter macrumors member

iChaseH

Edited it and fixed it. Sorry, had mobile link up.

4. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

While it won't connect to the server, can you use Siri to do local tasks on the phone, like set an alarm or reminder? And what about SMS, can you speak an SMS as opposed to typing? Cheers.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

He later writes in the comments that you can port over the 4S tokens. Then it will connect to the server. I get my 4S tomorrow and my 4 is going to my wife. Would be cool if I can give her Siri.

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Seems like buying an iPhone 4s would be easier.

Any shared token would likely be disabled in time and who knows what hacking into apples servers would lead to.

People need to think about what they ate doing. They are illegally accessing servers for the largest company in the world, seems like a dumb idea to any sensible person. It is not a toy or game you hack around or jailbreak your phone. You are talking about accessing computer systems illegally and without authorization. In some jurisdictions it might be a crime.

$200 for a 4s will be much better than paying a lawyer

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Actually this hack does not connect to the server, so you should be safe there.

If you continue on, and import the 4S tokens, then "we" might have an issue. Go preach somewhere else.

8. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

and when apple sees multiple phones accessing their servers with one token, have fun getting both phones blocked