Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DunellenGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Dunellen
I'm accustomed to using PowerPoint on Windows to design graphics for our church. I can set any size "page" and export to jpg, png, etc.

My first inclination was to use Keynote the same way, but it seems to be significantly less flexible for non-presentation use.

What are the best, easy, graphic design apps for Mac?

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Hi,

Well, of course there's no reason not to run PowerPoint on your Mac if you must.

If you're serious about graphic design then you probably want a copy of Adobe Illustrator although it's not cheap and there will probably be a steep learning curve. You can always get the Trial version for free and see how you get on before you part with your hard earned cash.

You might also want to take a look at InkScape: http://www.inkscape.org/en/ which is free, but slightly fiddly to install.

There's also an app on the App Store called EazyDraw which looks okay, although I've not used it myself so I can't vouch for it.

Rob

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Hi,

for page layouts with graphics: Pages, Swift Publisher, iStudio Publisher.

For graphics: Pixelmator, iDraw (vectors only but much easier than Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape), Acorn, Sketch.

All are in the Mac App Store.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Pixelmator or Swift Publisher 3 are both good apps at a very reasonable price for graphics & design work and can do a lot of amazing things. iDraw is for vector work and is a pretty good app. All are fairly cheap and can do a very good job for you.

If you are looking for something at the Pro level then you have Photoshop, Indesign or Illustrator by Adobe. They are subscription based and if you only need one of them are only $10/mth. If you where to require all three then it can get quite expensive at $50/mth.

DunellenGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Dunellen
I downloaded the trial version of Swift Publisher 3 and it looks like it fits the bill for my needs. There will be a learning curve, but their tutorial videos seem pretty good. Thanks all!

phudq90

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
I'm accustomed to using PowerPoint on Windows to design graphics for our church. I can set any size "page" and export to jpg, png, etc.

My first inclination was to use Keynote the same way, but it seems to be significantly less flexible for non-presentation use.

What are the best, easy, graphic design apps for Mac?

So, you're know how to use PowerPoint and feel easy with that, why not purchase Office for Mac ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.