Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

definitive

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Does anyone know of a simple invoicing app? I tried Billings and it was a bit of a headache trying to get the thing going, because from what I saw, it relies on your address book to set up clients (which is not what I want to do). I'm looking for an app that allows you to create a profile for a client, add projects to their name, and then maybe export an invoice in to a PDF to send it out when it's time for them to pay. Any suggestions?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Have you looked at 'Invoice'? It's on the Mac App store.

Either that or you could do something with Numbers on your Mac?

definitive

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
tried it before as well, and didn't like it. i'd like something with a very simple interface.

john1620b

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2009
I use On The Job and really like it. Compared to Billings and iBiz, the interface is much cleaner, and while I think it might be a bit more simple when it comes to features, it does everything I need it to. It's a little expensive ($40) but they have a demo you can try out before you buy.

HiredGun

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
Freshbooks

Hi OP

I travel alot and prefer to use web based tools or at least tools that sync with their desktop cousins.

Take a look at Freshbooks.com -- its free for single/low user usage and generates invoices very easily once you load/enter your invoice information (e.g. hours, expenses). It also does some other things such as preparing estimates and links to other web services.

Also, there is an iPhone application.

Hope this helps.

HiredGun

MyCraft

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
I travel alot and prefer to use web based tools or at least tools that sync with their desktop cousins.

Definitely this! In my opinion desktop solutions for this kind of task are not state of the art anymore - static and not integratable with other business processes. Finding something compatible with Mac is another thing - and if you do you may incounter issues after an OS update.
I heard a lot of good things about Freshbooks. My sister uses this free online invoicing service and there are probably more useful services out there.
cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.