Simple jailbreak question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dentifrice, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Dentifrice macrumors 6502

Hi all,

simple question

I have an Iphone 4 with 4.3.5. I know that this version is tethered. It's not really a problem for me because I never restarted my phone since I got it.

But if I jailbreak it and for some reason I really need to reboot it and I don't have a computer nearby. What will happen ? The phone will boot normally but not jailbroken or the phone will just freeze at boot ?

Thank you !

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

You will just see a the :apple: on the screen. Possible can turn off by holding power button but haven't tried.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Good question. Personally I've never done a tethered jailbreak. I prefer either stock or untethered, there's too much risk involved otherwise. Especially on a primary personal device.

So basically, there are two things that are most likely to happen. Your iPhone will either:

a) Get stuck on the :apple: screen.
    b) Will boot but you will be unable to use any tweaks or applications that were installed from Cydia.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

from my experience you respiring np but if you reboot you will get stuck on the Apple logo like turning off or running the battery down.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I've only done this once, but I think that it just acts like it's booting up until the battery dies or you turn the phone off.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Depends on what you install.

Per the Dev Team blog:

Since most of us use stuff with MobileSubstrate, the phone won't reboot at all. And isn't CommCenter used for all the tethering/hotspot tweaks?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will get stuck on the Apple logo and wont turn on till you run redsnow again.

8. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Exactly what this guy/lady just said. Im currently on the tethered jailbreak of 4.3.5 and if you let the phone die or reboot you'll be stuck on the apple logo. Just run redsnow again if you need to. Also be careful of some of the apps installed on cydia, it may ask for a reboot, just hit the home button and ignore it.