Simple leather case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stevearm, Nov 15, 2007.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Looking to find a very simple leather case that will hold my iPhone. Preferably with a belt clip but doesn't have to have one.

Really just after the simplest slip case around, to hold the iPhone until I take it out of the case to use.

Any suggestions?

2. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. PuppyLuv macrumors member

4. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

There are a lot of simple leather cases available, take a look at Proporta and Griffin Technology for starters.

5. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

incipio has a really nice slip case. I'm going to be giving one of them away next month on my site along with a silicon case and screen protector.

6. chriseh macrumors newbie

I've researched all of the thin leather cases and my choice is the iQase "Poket" or the Sena "Ultra Slim Pouch". I purchase the Sena case (with the manufacturer's 10% discount code, available on their website) and now awaiting its arrival. Although I like the iQase with its see-through window.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

8. b257177 macrumors regular

The problem with most (all) of the cases you will find for the iPhone, is that they are cases made for the iPhone. Meaning, just because they are made for the iPhone, the price is substantially more than it should be. Supply/demand? More like iPhone demand.

Anyway, I found that the dimensions of the T-Mobile Dash are very similar to the iPhone... extremely similar. So much so, that a simple leather hip case targeted for the T-Mobile Dash works absolutely beautifully for my iPhone, providing more than adequate access to the Headphone Jack, the various buttons and not covering up the speaker. I've been using this case since late July. It's absolutely perfect.

Oh, and since the case is not targeted for iPhones... hehe... you save a ton of money. :)

Hope this helps!