Simple Mp3 Player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheRealness, Aug 30, 2007.

1. TheRealness macrumors member

Ney MR with the sucess of my other thread I'd thought i 'd ask a question. I am looking for a program similar to winamp but for mac. More like the original one all i need it to do is play streaming audio and mp3's. I hate itunes and only use it because of the iPod. So if anyone can direct me to a media player like Winamp i would appreciate it

2. TheRealness thread starter macrumors member

3. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

ToolPlayer is still in it's infancy but is shaping up to be a nice audio player.

4. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Quicktime? Pretty basic, but gets the job done...

5. James L macrumors 6502a

6. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

Can't say that I know of any player out there similar to Winamp for the Mac, I use iTUNES for just about all my audio, no problems at all!!

:apple:

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I use QuickTime, but VLC and RealPlayer will do it too. I'm sure there are more. Try VersionTracker and MacUpdate.

8. TheRealness thread starter macrumors member

I don't know why I do not like it, its just personal preference. I do not like MP3 Players that are that powerful I just want one that uses minimum resources but is simple and sleek

9. JBM17 macrumors newbie

Other Mac MP3 players . . .

This is something that I've been wondering as well. I like iTunes, but I was wondering if there was a program that would play MP3s and also sync other MP3 players, besides the iPod, to the library.

Right now, you should check out Audion, by Panic software (www.panic.com). It was developed at the same time as SoundJam, which would become iTunes. It's a great player, streamer, syncer. However, because of the dominance of iTunes, since it was adopted by Apple, Panic ceased further development of Audion. However, it still works great and a lot of the features on it are only now being implmented on iTunes. It's a simple and small interface, and well worth the look.

You can still download it from the Panic webiste, and they give you a free registration key so that you can still use it.

Here's the address: http://www.panic.com/audion/

Hope that helps.