'Simple' Music app for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sedrick, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Hey all. I have to say I HATE what Apple has done with the music app in their latest OS. It now takes me 5 minutes of hunting just to do the simplest things I used to do.

SO. My question is, can you folks recommend to me a simple music app that I can use to do the basic things like play my music and playlists easily? Apple's new music app is so bloated with 'connect' this and 'connect' that, and a ton of other bling that I'll never use, that I long for just a music app that plays my music and playlists without running off the highway digging through menus to do the simple things it used to...

Anyway, sorry for the mini-rant, but I'm really hating that Apple has lost the 'simple' and 'intuitive' they used to be known for.

2. barjam macrumors regular

3. barjam macrumors regular

This seems to be a rant for rants sake? The music app has new features but still behaves as it always did. What functionality do you no longer have and what possible takes 5 minutes? You click "my music" and well that is pretty much it.

4. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

5. Sedrick thread starter macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Thanks, I was just looking into Ecoute.

6. Sedrick thread starter macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Forbes:
    CNET:
    InfoWorld:

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

So you're basing your opinion on idiots who can't figure out a simple app?

You can ignore all the Apple Music stuff and go into My Music and Playlists just like before. Plus just about everything has been made easier. If it takes you 5 minutes to play a playlist then you probably should just get a flip phone and call it a day.

8. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

Lesson learned. Unless you say it's perfect, you'll be hounded.

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

It's not great, but in my opinion it's much better than the previous era of Music apps.