Simple newbie iPad questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ruffian829, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

I have some dumb newbie iPad questions:
    - do I have to re-purchase the apps that I have from my iPhone? I've found through itunes and syncing the apps that some of them are listed as "iPad" apps but the rest are not, and I know apps like GoodReader have an iPad version (right?). For some of them do you have to buy the ipad version separate?
    - will the normal iphone apps run on the ipad? Do they look awful or not run well, etc.?

... I know I had more but that is all I can seem to come up with at the moment.

TIA!

2. Mr M5 macrumors regular

They run, but they are small and don't fill the screen.

3. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

so do I have to purchase an iPad "version" of some of the apps that do have both an iphone / ipad versions?

4. Mr M5 macrumors regular

Only if you want them to look right. :)

5. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

The apps that are universal will have a + sign before the price but a lot of the apps chose to create a separate HD version of the app just for iPads.

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

If a free iPad version of one of your iPad apps is available, then I'd suggest downloading it. The zoomed iPhone apps on the iPad just don't cut it. If it costs money for an iPad version, then I'd check YouTube for a video demo of the app so you can see if you'd prefer the iPad version over the iPhone version. And as stated, apps with a + will automatically run as an iPhone app o iPad app depending on the device.