Simple "Notes" app.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shredder-, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Shredder- macrumors regular

I'm constantly using the Notes app on my iPhone and I'd like to have a similar one for my Macbook. I do have Evernote synced between Mac and iPhone but frankly I'm not too fond of it. I really like the simple iPhone notes app and I'd like the same to my macbook. I saw in the preview of the new OS X that they'll be releasing it, but any way I can get it for Lion? Right now?

I do realize you can sync notes through iCloud, but then the notes get placed in my email. I'd just like to have an app for the computer that I write in, and syncs with the phone. Thanks in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

...Err, that's exactly what Notes in the Mail application does...

Anyways, look into Evernote.

3. Shredder- thread starter macrumors regular

Thank god for people who know how to read :))))

4. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Take a look at SimpleNote on iOS devices / Web which can then sync with nvAlt on the Mac.

5. ScottNWDW, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Wait til Mountain Lion comes out. It is supposed to have basically the same notes app that is on IOS.

from Apples website:
    A feature for your thoughts. Notes in OS X Mountain Lion is designed for whatever’s on your mind. Think it up. Jot it down. Make it even more noteworthy with photos, images, and attachments. You can add, delete, and flip through your notes or do a quick search. Use the Share button to send your notes to friends or colleagues with Mail or Messages. Pin important notes to your desktop so they’re easy to get to. And take them with you everywhere. Notes works with iCloud, so when you create or edit a note on your Mac, it automatically updates on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Check out the OSX Mountain Lion preview by going to apple.com and going to the Mac section.

6. Shredder- thread starter macrumors regular

I hate to be rude, but can people honestly start reading the entire post? I said Ive seen the preview. I know what's coming in the new OS. I'd like it right here, right now

7. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I did read the entire post, and you were very rude. You still have to wait. If you don't like it, too bad.

8. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Get the Developer Preview. Then you can have it right here, right now. Else, you'll have to wait until this summer when ML is expected to be released.

9. reubs, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

reubs macrumors 68000

I'd second Notational Velocity or nvALT. There are also options like Nebulous Notes (iOS) that lets you sync with a Dropbox folder and then you can edit them in plain text in TextEdit.

10. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

+1 for Evernote. You can sync between so many different OSs its great! You can also do rich text formatting

11. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

But if you did, then why post something is not going to help? (since the OP already knows about it and is asking for an alternative that he can use now, not when mountain lion is released). You are the one being rude by not paying attention to what is being asked, and then mocking the OP with "...If you don't like it, too bad."

To the OP: I think evernote is your best choice as of today. It's a shame you are not fond of it.

12. Shredder- thread starter macrumors regular

Appreciate it. Thank you :)

13. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Good News

Hey Shredder, I think this would be much more akin to what you're looking for. It is a simple note taking app that syncs seamlessly from any iOS device to your mac.

It's not free, though not that expensive. But since the free options are either not here yet (Apple's Notes App) or not to your liking (evernote), I think this will make you smile.

14. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

15. Mawal macrumors regular

+1 for the simplenote nvalt combo, works flawlessly together...

16. remmy macrumors 6502a

Use Simplenote on the iPhone which automatically syncs with Dashnote which stays on your Dashboard.

http://dashnote.resen.co/