simple, please help now! Thanks. (unlimited data help)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by john2049, Jul 29, 2010.

1. john2049 macrumors member

my fiance wants to order new iphone 4 tonight! She doesn't have a data plan, and would be obviously forced to do the 2 gb a month. her roommate has an original iphone and is really nervous about letting someone put their sim car din their phone for some reason. so, PLEASE HELP!

all she has to do is place her sim card in the original iphone, go onto the web and load a webpage, or something. then simply take the sim card out, and go online and order the new phone and the site will know she has that data plan now? thanks, please let me knowASAP! thanks.

2. john2049 thread starter macrumors member

3. pisces03x macrumors regular

I don't understand what you're asking and how this pertains to a Mac- and iPhone-related forum, but it sounds to me that you are planning on attempting fraud. :/

Maybe she has a reason that she doesn't feel like authorizing her phone SIM for this?

Besides, if AT&T sees that that particular SIM card is using the unlimited plan, when they swap it out for a Micro-SIM she'll lose service (and the plan) altogether.

4. Aaron1021 macrumors member

if she doesn't have a data plan now, i'd say the 2gb plan would probably be more than enough for her.

5. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Im not sure if ATT closed the loophole, but yes, put her sim in the original iPhone, connect to iTunes and register it with the $20 unlimited edge data plan.

6. simple20 macrumors regular

Sorry dude, I can't help you. What made you think I could?

7. john2049 thread starter macrumors member

so when she connects it to itunes, does she have to use it as a new phone? because it still belongs to someone else, but thank you for the response to!