All iPads Simple poll - if you chose today, would you get iPad Mini or Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 26, 2014.

?

Would you pick equivalent iPad Air or Mini if choosing today?

1. iPad Air

73 vote(s)
    58.4%
  2. iPad Mini

52 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Assuming they had the EXACT equivalent performance (meaning specs might change but performance stays the same), which would you pick? I guess this would be about size mostly. Please try to keep price out of the equation as much as possible.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

An Air as i've owned all of them. It's just the best compromise as the Air is somewhat smaller and lighter than the previous full size iPad. Webpages look better on the bigger screen and I find i'm zooming in a lot less on the Air. The rMini has a nice screen but the 1st gen Mini's screen is quite disappointing to put it mildly.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Air for sure. I have two. Tried the mini but did not like the size so traded it on my 2nd Air.

Not looking back.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

The Mini. I like the size of it better than the 9.7" one. I was using an iPad 4 for a few minutes earlier and the screen seemed way too big to me, and I used to have an iPad 3 before the Mini last year.

6. AX338 macrumors regular

AX338

Now I have a phone with a 5"+ screen there is no point getting an iPad mini, and I did enjoy owning one when I had the iP5.

so if I was to get an iPad now it would be the bigger one with a maximum capacity but wifi only.

7. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

If I were to get one today I would go for an air since I already have a retina mini (that I intend to keep).

8. bri1212 macrumors 6502

Both

I would get both, just like I did the first time.

9. caparsons macrumors newbie

Mini; the portability and its size is ideal for how I use tablets.

10. jm5309 macrumors regular

Air. I'm waiting for the new ones. I've had iPads since the first generation. Been using a mini then rMini for nearly two years now. I'm ready for a bigger screen again.

11. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I read several magazines on the iPad, so the bigger is better. Not like it is huge anyway.

I have an e-ink nook anyway for reading books. Without something that size, I would probably have the Mini.

12. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

The mini hands down, for me. I have both. The mini is what is in my hands right now. It's the one I prefer to use. The Air has its uses but is not as convenient to use as the mini.

13. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

The retina Mini for me but only because I already have a 9.7" iPad 4. If I didn't already have a big iPad, I'll go for the iPad Air.

14. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Have both, but if I could only have one it would be the Air.

15. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

16. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

The Air.....my old eyes need a larger screen.

17. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

A simple question, but I don't think the answer is simple as not every one uses technology the same way.

This is just me, but I would like to try to keep my screen sizes (smartphone, tablet, ultrabook/notebook/laptop) as evenly spaced as possible.

I like the idea of figuring out the computing device that I think I will use the most and then try to space the other two devices as evenly around that as possible.

18. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

Mini. I see no point in big tablets. If I'm going to use a screen that big, it's going to be attached to a device that has an actual functioning OS.

19. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Air, unless they fix the gamut issues with the Mini.

I'm a stickler for color and really noticed the gamut issues on the retina Mini.

Regardless, it looks like I'll just go with an Air 2 this time. I just hope Apple doesn't get rid of the 32gb option like they did with the iP6. I constantly change what movies, music and comics are on my iPad and 32gb was just fine for me.

20. CEmajr macrumors 601

Same here. At the size of the Air I would rather just use my Macbook.

21. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

22. jdamiano macrumors member

Air. I miss the larger screen, can't wait to upgrade to Air 2.

23. addictzz macrumors 6502

It's been a difficult question that made me missed buying iPad last year. I just can't decide between the 2 since they are practically just differ in size only.

Based on ease of use, I would pick iPad Mini. It's smaller, lighter, thus more portable. I can hold it in 1 hand and that is a big convenience when I browse or read using it (my definition of holding in 1 hand is when you're able to extend your thumb and other fingers from one end to another). It's also cheaper.

For productivity though, iPad Air wins hands down. I just can't bear using Numbers, Keynotes, and Pages in iPad Mini. Too small!

24. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Having both they are awesome the mini is great for home, in bed reading sitting on the couch where the air is perfect for work. I haven't use my MacBook Pro forever and don't even know what to do with it anymore.