Simple Program to Create Greetings Cards?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by freeway29, May 31, 2014.

1. freeway29 macrumors member

Hi all have imac running mavericks and need a very easy and simple program to create quarter fold birthday and greetings cards , just like i did on Microsoft publisher thanks. :cool:

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Greeting Card Shop by Chronosnet.com. They have a downloadable demo on their website.

3. wuush macrumors member

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

5. wuush macrumors member

Read his post, he never mentioned he wanted to use MS Publisher on OSX he wants a program that can substitute the function of MS Publisher to create Cards.

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I did. I fully understand. But not everyone reading this public thread knows MS Publisher is not available on OS.

7. freeway29 thread starter macrumors member

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

fixed that for you, or rather, for everyone reading this thread ;)

9. snberk103 macrumors 603

I don't have experience with MS Publisher, so I can't compare on ease of use... But I use Pages to create and print a number of different types of cards. Though I don't use quarter-fold ones. It's easiest to start with one of the supplied templates (or find one on-line) and then modify it for your own needs. You can then save this as a template of your own to use again.

There are a number of publishing applications on the App Store, and I've tried a few... but I always come back to Pages because I already know how it works and it is powerful enough for what I do. But you will need to determine that for yourself of course.

Luck