Simple (?) question about iMovie --- I hope!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eroxx, May 5, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

This is what I want to do:

I want to play a movie, pause it at a certain point, and place a playhead there. Then I want to play and pause again, and I want a clip BETWEEN the two playheads.

Even better, I'd like a way to advance or rewind by a frame if they playhead isn't exactly where I want it ..

Thanks!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

With the Playhead where you want it(I think that the Arrow keys will move the Playhead one frame at a time), Ctrl(Right) click, and there should be the option to split the clip.

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do you get the playhead to where you want it though?

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Play the movie and then stop it when it's where you want it? Either that or move it with the mouse.

5. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

But how to set one for beginning and another for end?

6. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Same way for both. Play or drag the playhead to where you want it for each end of the clip, and create splits at each point. Then remove the sub-clip that you have now created, and drop in something else.

7. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry to be such a dolt on this ... But once you press play and then pause, how do you create a playhead from where it pauses WITHOUT using the mouse? Once I use the mouse it moves the playhead. And then once one is created, how do I create a second?

8. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Yeah that is a problem. Once you've positioned the playhead, don't move the mouse. Adjust the postion if needed with the arrow keys, then Right/Ctrl click without moving the mouse. It's a bit tricky, but you'll get there.

Move it to the second position and do it again??

9. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Someone really oughta post a screencast of this ... :)

But again, how to get a second playhead? doesnt the first one dissapear if you try to make one again?

Thanks for the reply!