Simple question about iPod rebate

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GrimmPenguin, Jun 21, 2008.

1. GrimmPenguin macrumors regular

My brain is just a tad frazzled from all the reading about the rebate on Apple's site. Too much to take in. Here's my question. If I buy the Mac and iPod off of the Apple Online Store, can I also send in the rebate online? I know there's like a rebate tool or whatever they called it. Does this mean I can do it all online, and not have to send anything in via mail?

2. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

no they require you to send the receipts and upc codes into them.. make sure you do everything right becasue they decline them very easily and then send them back to you

3. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

I heard you don't need to mail in upc codes.. :confused:

4. drfp25 macrumors member

i didn't have to mail anything in, the rebate process in completed online, you enter in your apple order number and it pulls up the details. I got my check within a week

5. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

:eek: got the rebate check in a week? so fast.. how come people say it takes like weeks... :confused: lol

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I just received my rebate checks, from Apple, without having to mail anything.

7. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

I wonder if they have a mail-less option for Canada

8. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

apple's online rebates are the best thing ever invented. i got my rebate in a week from submittal

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

10. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

so i cut up my poor macbook pro box for nothing ]:

maybe its a new thing this year? i used the deal last year and i dont remember seeing an option to do it online?

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

New feedback...the Apple Store did it for me in-store and I could check it online.

12. dylangurl21 macrumors regular

Until this year you used to have to send in UPCs and the like ven if you did your rebate "online". This year I was albe to do my little sister's rebate fully online and it got back in a couple of weeks. It was great!!!! and kept the mac pro and the ipod touch boxes intact!

13. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Unfortunately not... In canada you still have to mail in UPC labels... I sent mine in on Thursday and will play the waiting game and hope I didn't do anything wrong!