simple question about organizing albums by year in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by okrelayer, Aug 7, 2009.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

ok. I just want to list all of my albums by specific artists (or all of them for that matter)

ok this is a screen shot of it just typical

[​IMG]

then heres a screen shot of it listing by year

[​IMG]

notice the tracks are backwords now, not 1-10. but 10-1. Which would be a pain to listen to. Any simple solution to this?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That won't work. It will sort them by year, regardless of artist, album, track, etc.

Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't provide for multi-criteria sorting. When you sort by any field, it throws out any other sorting previously done.

4. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

damn. I just wanna sort all of my albums by year when browseing diff artists. There HAS to be a better way!

5. grapemac macrumors regular

The best solution I can come up with is the method I use.

1. Use Grid view.
    2. Choose to sort by Albums.
    3. Ctrl-Click the Albums/Artists/Genres/Composers menu.
    4. Select Group Albums.
    5. In the Sort Albums menu which also appears, choose By Artist in the first pane and By Year in the third pane.

Of course, this only displays a grid view of your entire music collection sorted by artist in year order. It does not allow you a list view (where all tracks are visible) of all albums by a single artist in year order.

6. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Just click twice on the leftmost part of the 'Album by Artist' column header to switch to 'Album by Year' sorting. It will sort first by artist and then by year of the album, as well as respect the song order within individual albums.

Attached Files:

• iT.jpg
      iT.jpg
      File size:
      235.6 KB
      Views:
  7. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

wow, thanks so much! (grr now i have to make sure all of my years are in and correct now LOL)