Simple question (well, two...)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Beachguy, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

In the event I end up replacing a damaged MBP (2012, I7, 2.5Ghz), will a 2.2Ghz 2014/2015 feel faster on computing intensive things, or feel about the same. My impression is it should be a bit faster, but I am looking for verification.

Also, how much difference would I notice coming from a spinning disk 2012 to an SSD 2014? 2015? Is the cost for the 2015 refurb versus the 2014 worth the difference?

Thanks peeps!

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Define faster. If you're doing 3D work in Photoshop, yo'll see a slight increase as to how quickly the processing is done. As to the difference between a spinning disk and SSD - think sailing ship vs. the Millenium Falcon.

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

It'll feel a little faster when completing CPU intensive tasks.

The upgrade from a HDD to a SSD is HUGE. You'll notice this the most. The 2015 models are nice, and I really like the Force Touch trackpad, but it depends on your budget. There isn't a huge performance difference between the two.

4. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Thanks... I knew the HDD to SSD change would be dramatic, but worded my question incorrectly. Still, the answer was there that I probably wouldn't feel massive differences between the 2014 and the 2015. I don't do photo/video stuff, just net surfing and office type stuff, watching video and other similar things.